APPENDIX B - EXAMPLE DRILL SCENARIOS
Loss of Joy Plant Air Compressors
Drill Number: 2-005
Revision Number: 0
Drill Coordinator indicates, with a cue, that the low air pressure annunciator has just alarmed.
Drill Coordinator places the HAND/OFF/AUTO control switch for the compressors in the OFF
position. This action is taken as the facility announcement is being made that drills are
EXPECTED RESPONSE/EVALUATION CRITERIA
1) Boiler operator informs auxiliary operator that the low air pressure annunciator has alarmed.
2) Boiler operator notifies supervisory watch of the annunciator.
3) Auxiliary operator attempts to restart the Joy Air Compressor, checking briefly the breakers
and disconnects (Evaluator simulates a failure to restart).
4) Auxiliary operator ensures that portable air compressor is configured to deliver compressed
air to powerhouse.
5) Auxiliary operator starts portable air compressor and puts it in service.
6) Auxiliary operator makes appropriate notifications for repairs of Joy compressors.
TERMINATION and RESTORATION
The drill coordinator will terminate the drill when the objectives of the drill are met. The portable
compressor is running and the plant air pressure is rising to the normal operating pressure for
Place air system back in original configuration as required by operation needs.