APPENDIX B - EXAMPLE DRILL SCENARIOS
Remote retrieval of a 1000 Curie source from the Storage Canal using Auxiliary
Retrieval Equipment (table-top discussion with walkthrough to follow or in-plant
Drill Number: 01-001
Revision Number: 0
Expected Response/Evaluation Criteria:
1) The operator should inform the Control Room of the primary crane problem.
2) Operator describes the actions used in verifying primary crane is not functioning
3) Notifications to be made by Control Room personnel. All necessary personnel would
4) The auxiliary crane should be moved into position and hooked on to the source. The
primary crane should then be detached from the source and moved out of the way and
Danger Tagged Out-of-Commission.
5) The auxiliary crane should be used to complete the source move.
IMPLEMENT appropriate operating procedures, abiding by cautions and limitation.
Referred to incorrect
Minor difficulties and
procedure and failed
failures in referring to
to correct the error.
IDENTIFY plant conditions requiring entry into abnormal procedures.
Some delays in
Minor delays in
Quick and accurate
delays in recognizing