(2) The training plan should describe how training needs
will be identified. Means should include standard
performance-based procedures. A task list and list of
knowledge, skills, and abilities should be identified for
each position or audience requiring emergency
d. The training plan should describe methods to be used in
developing the format and content of training courses.
(1) Learning objectives should be developed based on the
training needs analyses and should identify conditions,
activities, and standards.
(2) Lesson plans should be developed based on learning
objectives and should be sufficiently detailed to ensure
consistency of instruction.
(3) Training materials should be developed to support
(4) Testing materials should be developed based on
e. The training plan should describe provisions for delivery of
emergency management training courses.
(1) The emergency management training program should
include a mix of classroom instruction, tabletop
exercises or walkthroughs, drills, and field exercises.
(2) The type of delivery selected for specific courses should
be based on the task or learning objective being taught.
However, experiential training should be emphasized.
(3) Training for members of the emergency response
organizations should be scheduled prior to their
assuming positions on the emergency response
f. List the available courses for emergency planning and
analysis, including title, length of course, target audience, a
brief summary, and the period or schedule.