FACILITY REPRESENTATIVE PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Scope: Carefully chosen Performance Indicators (PIs) can provide valuable
measures of the effectiveness of Facility Representative Programs. These PIs
will be used by Field Element Managers and DOE-HQ personnel to evaluate
program effectiveness. Other PIs may be useful at a local level to determine the
need for local program changes, depending on circumstances that may be
unique to a site. DOE -wide Facility Representative PIs are relatively few in
number, easy to measure and report, applicable to all Facility Representative
Programs, and resistant to misinterpretation. Since effectiveness in providing
contractor oversight may be difficult to capture in measurable terms, some
subjective measures are used.
1. The attached Performance Indicators are for DOE -wide use. Field elements
may use additional, local PIs that suit their own needs.
2. PIs for DOE -wide use are divided into the following categories: Staffing,
Training and Qualification, Facility Representative Program
Accomplishments, and Fulfilling the Facility Representative Role.
3. PIs that measure contractor performance have been avoided as measures of
Facility Representative program effectiveness.
4. PIs shall be reported by the Field Element Managers to program offices
quarterly, with a copy sent to the Facility Representative Program Manager,
Office of the Departmental Representative to the Defense Nuclear Facilities
Safety Board (DOE DR-1). At the close of a given quarter, one month is
allocated to assemble PI reports, which are then due on the first working day
of the months of February, May, August, and November.
5. Performance Indicators, their methods of calculation, and goals (or targets)
are presented in the following tables.