2.1.1 The candidate must have the ability to identify potential threats to nuclear
explosive safety and evaluate the adequacy of controls to assure nuclear
explosive safety. The candidate shall be able to:
Evaluate nuclear detonation safety design and configuration during nuclear
explosive operations including:
· Identify when barriers are breached during assembly/disassembly.
· Identify when strong links are absent or potentially bypassed.
· Identify available energy sources and their effects on nuclear
· Identify available signals that could drive a unique signal
· Identify defined weak links in various nuclear explosives.
· Describe the features and safety role of the weak link(s).
Evaluate the NES contributions of the design safety features of a nuclear
Evaluate electrical tester designs, safety analyses, and tester/nuclear explosive
Evaluate special tooling and written procedures used for nuclear explosive
Evaluate facilities and associated equipment used for nuclear explosive