IDENTIFY the normal methods used for decontamination.
Material decontamination is the removal of radioactive materials from tools,
equipment, floors, and other surfaces in the work area.
1. Establish controls to prevent spread of contamination.
2. A high priority is to prevent airborne radioactivity.
3. Decontaminate from areas of low to high contamination (exception is when
potential for airborne is high).
4. Decontaminate from top to bottom so that contamination will not run down on
the clean surface.
5. Only make one pass, then discard or turn wipe to a clean surface (don't
6. The Radiological Control Organization will make the final determination if the
material has been adequately decontaminated.
Privacy Statement - Press Release - Copyright Information. - Contact Us