b. Methods to reduce internal radiation dose
Reducing the potential for radioactive materials to enter the body is important. As
previously stated, install or use engineering controls followed by administrative
controls as the primary methods to control internal exposure. PPE is the last choice
for controlling internal exposure. In addition, the following are methods the worker
1) Wear respirators properly when required. Respirators should only be
used by personnel qualified to wear them.
2) Report all wounds or cuts (including scratches and scabs) to the
appropriate facility-specific organization before entering any area
controlled for radiological purposes.
3) Comply with the requirements of the controlling work documents.
4) Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew in Radioactive Materials Areas,
Contamination Areas, High Contamination Areas, or Airborne
Radioactivity Areas, as dispersible radioactive materials may be present.
5) (Insert facility-specific information.)
3. Lessons Learned
Review lessons learned from your site or other sites to demonstrate what may be
learned from mistakes leading to excessive personnel exposures.
(Insert facility-specific information.)
Privacy Statement - Press Release - Copyright Information. - Contact Us