APPENDIX 1: KEY POINTS TO DISCUSS AT INITIAL CONTACT WITH SITE
Refer to the Plan of Action, and:
1. Contact DOE or contractor Line Manager for the Facility.
Director/Manager's Name ____________
Telephone Number __________
2. Identify yourself as the Team Leader for the ORR.
3. Discuss the tentative review schedule.
Pre-visit dates:_______ to ________
ORR dates: ________to _________
4. Explain overview of review process (if requested).
Pre-visit and Preparation
· Site Visit: 2-3 day for site and facility familiarization, walkthrough, and presentation to site of
· Information needed from site: (list to be provided)
· Counterparts: Site expected to provide list of counterpart(s) for each area.
Onsite Review Period
· Purpose: Identify findings and observations for the safe startup of facility process(es).
· General: Up to 30 team members, approximately a two-week period, though with a graded approach,
as few as 10-15 team members may be needed for one week.
· Logistic Support: Conference room, workspace, computers, phones, fax, etc. (list to be provided).
5. Request point-of-contact at site to support review and to receive formal correspondence.
6. Leave your telephone number and Email address. Advise site contact that written confirmation will