APPENDIX B - EXAMPLE DRILL SCENARIOS
Evaporator Feed Tank Header Line Leak
Revision Number: 0
DRILL TEAM GUIDELINES
Drill Ground Rules:
1. The drill scenario will not include any actions or situations that will degrade the condition of
equipment, systems, and supplies.
2. The drill scenario will not include any actions or situations that will affect the detection and
assessment of, and the response to, actual emergencies.
3. During the drill, no action shall be taken that compromise facility, area, site, or public safety.
Standard Drill Conditions:
1. The facility will be accessible, and the area required for drill performance will be in an
operationally safe condition.
2. All required references will be available for performance of the drill.
3. Unless otherwise noted, initiating cues and terminating cues are at the direction of the Drill
Actions to be Simulated:
Most drill activities are performed as if an incident were actually occurring. The following actions
will be SIMULATED, if and when these actions are indicated in response to the simulated
The evaluator may direct participants to simulate additional activities to avoid performing actions
that may cause adverse of undesired effects.
The Drill Coordinator shall perform the following actions:
1. Review the drill, ensuring that the requirements and standards reflect the most recent
revisions to referenced procedures and modifications to facility equipment.
2. Ensure areas in which the drill will be conducted are accessible.
3. Conduct the pre-drill briefing with drill team members.
4. Ensure drill team members are familiar with respective assignments and responsibilities.
5. When all drill team stations are manned, initiate the drill.