APPENDIX B - EXAMPLE DRILL SCENARIOS
Evaporator Feed Tank Header Line Leak
Revision Number: 0
6. Ensure each drill team member notes, on a drill chronology log, all actions or events
observed during the course of the drill, to include pertinent comments.
7. Upon termination of drill, return all facility equipment and systems to the required pre-drill
8. Discuss crew performance with drill team members.
9. Coordinate a formal drill critique with the drill participants.
10. Complete a drill summary and route to all required personnel.
DRILL TEAM PREPARATION
Estimated Drill Duration:
Drill Team Aids:
Props and equipment required:
Process water hose placed over piping and running to simulate leak rate and a blue
ribbon to indicate leak location.
The Drill Coordinator is responsible for making the following notifications prior to initiating drill:
Unannounced drill do not require notifications, but courtesy notifications are
Unannounced drills require no pre-drill announcement.
1. Request ETF Control Room (X-XXXX) make the following pre-drill announcement:
"The Effluent Treatment Facility will be conducting facility drills. Please keep non-essential
radio traffic to a minimum."
2. Inform Radiological Controls (X-XXXX) of scheduled drill activities.
Pre-drill Briefing (Conducted by Drill Coordinator):
Activities of Drill Coordinator: