* A few days later there will be a meeting of the ESHPAC with division/section heads and the
Director. The set and unresolved comments will be discussed. N&S Identification Team Focus
Group leaders will be present to provide explanations and help resolve issues.
* The Lab's comments will be prepared from the minutes of the above meeting. The comments
will be sent back to the Identification Team.
Fermilab Standards Closure Process
Convened Group Protocol
Confirmation of the Draft Set
* A confirmation Panel of about 5 persons will be assembled to assist the Convened Group in
confirmation of the draft set of standards. The Process Leader will select the Panel from a list of
names approved by the Convened Group. The candidates will be peers from other Laboratories.
In most cases these will be the ES&H Directors, their deputies, or higher ranking personnel.
* The Draft Set will be sent to the Convened Group and Confirmation Panel for their review prior
to the confirmation meeting. Members of Extended Convened Group, observers and technical
resource people will also be invited. Technical resource people for this meeting will be persons
expert in the N&S Process. Protocol for this meeting and the list of technical resource people will
be developed by the Process Leader in consultation with the Convened Group.
* The Convened Group will meet, if necessary, to resolve issues presented but not resolved at
the Convened Group confirmation meeting. This is the final step in the confirmation process.
* At the end of the confirmation process the set will be considered confirmed and ready for
signature by the Agreement Parties.