Cobalt-57 is an X-ray emitter. Most common means of detection is with a thin-window G-M
Maximum energy: X-ray radiation from 0.014 to 0.692 MeV (0.122 MeV emitted
85.5% of the time).
2. IAEA toxicity classification: Medium-low.
3. Physical half-life: 270.9 days.
4. Effective half-life (Teff): 9 days.
5. Critical organ: Lower large intestine.
6. Personnel monitoring: Dosimeter, uptakes may be evaluated by whole body counting.
0.7 mCi (3 x 107 Bq) by inhalation, yearly clearance.
4 mCi (2 x 108 Bq) by ingestion.
8. Shielding: 3.2 mm of lead is the first half value layer.
Privacy Statement - Press Release - Copyright Information. - Contact Us